About Mel Fink
Mel as a Coach
- Coaching hundreds of athletes to achieve their triathlon, duathlon and running dreams over the past 10 years.
- Co-authored “Ironfit Strength Training and Nutrition for Endurance Athletes.”
- Trained hundreds of athletes to fuel properly for training and racing.
- Trained hundreds of athletes to achieve and maintain their ideal weight through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes.
- Co-Owner and Founder of Personal Training of Short Hills, LLC; which does business under the registered trademark IronFit.
- Certified Personal Trainer by The American Councill on Exercise (ACE).
- Certified Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant by the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
- Serves on the USA Triathlon Board of Directors for the Mid-Atlantic Region as the New Jersey representative (since 2005 and currently.)
- Coaches Masters Swimming for both the YMCA and JCC.
- Professional Member of the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA).
- Member of US Masters Swimming and USA Triathlon.
Mel as an Athlete
- Competed in 12 Ironman races with a PR of 10:42.
- Competed in 2010 Ultraman Canada - 31hrs
- Competed in hundreds of triathlons, duathlons, 5 and 10k road races and open water swims ranging from sprint to half Ironman distance with top 5 overall finishes and top 3 age group finishes.
- Qualified for the Hawaii Ironman World Championships in 1997 and 2003.
- Won numerous Sprint and Olympic distance races overall including Wyckoff Triathlon and Long Branch Triathlon.
- Finished 3 rd in the 30-34 Age group in the Long Course National Championships in Muncie, Ind.